Looking for a little help with the mess on your Persian rug? We’re happy to share our rug care expertise know-how with you.
- Vacuum frequently, if not daily. Dirt causes most of the premature damage and fading of your rug. We recommend that you not only vacuum more often, but also, as thoroughly and effectively as possible.
- Treat stains ASAP. Whether you just spilled a drop of wine or a cup of juice, take action to clean the spot as soon as possible. The longer you leave it, the more difficult it is to remove.
- Blot it out. If you have a wet spot in your Persian rug, do not rub it. Instead, we suggest that you blot it. Rubbing a wet spot spreads the stains. If you have a dry spot, vacuum away the excess dirt before dampening the area.
- Clean with something mild and gentle. When using store bought spot agents, always begin the cleaning process with the mildest solution. Unless absolutely necessary, avoid spotting agents completely.
- Test an unseen patch first. Before attempting to clean spots in your Persian rug, we suggest that you test a patch to see how it reacts. Certain types of cleaners may be too harsh which causes loss of color and/or texture.
- Get professional help. If the stain and spot still remains on your rug or after your DIY attempt, get serious and call a professional. Our expert technicians thoroughly and quickly get rid of the problem.